Pages

Thursday, November 27

I HATE water colours (well, I think I do)

Hi all, well today I tackled a task that I have been putting off for weeks. On Mondays I go to Art Class and our gorgeous teacher Gill always sets us a challenge for our end of year break-up. This year we were asked to do a Water Colour which had to contain a bird and water.

Now Gill knows I hate water colours. Actually that is not quite true, what I mean is that I find it very difficult using this medium. My forte if you can call it that is Oils. I love oils, they smell so nice, I love to smear them onto my canvas with lots of texture, but mainly because they take so long to dry that if you make a mistake there is plenty of time to fix it and even time for a cuppa and a chat.

Water colours on the other hand...........are not that forgiving. I struggle with the thought. Why did Gill choose water colours. I was going to do something abstract that didn't take much effort but the more I thought about it the more I realized I should put effort into the painting and see what I could come up with.

Well, I surprised my self in the end. I sketched it yesterday (putting it off a little longer) and painted today. It took me only 3 hours and I was done, which amazed me more than anybody.
So here it is.............da da



I hope that Gill is happy now. She had better choose Oils next year.


Here is a layout I completed last week for a challenge over at Cocoa Daisy. I didn't even get past round one, no surprise there, the entries were stunning. As soon as I had this photo developed, I knew what I wanted to do with it. I have cut away the bottom section of the photo but keeping the legs intact, then I slipped the title behind giving the illusion that Lachlan was jumping out of the photo.


2 comments:

Lynette Jacobs said...

Love this layout...yes we all tried and failed it seems at the Cocoa Daisy challenge. But I can't pass it up anyway.

Ruth Philps said...

Gosh thats so clever making himlook like he is jumping right out of the page!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...