Pages

Tuesday, April 20

Let's Get Shabby - Easter Challenge

I wasn't sure if I would make the deadline for this challenge. What with moving into a bigger craft room and setting up my new computer things were looking rather tight around here. But I have managed to finish my entry for Let's get Shabby and managed to take some photos before the light faded.

I have to say that I had so much fun with this project. We were asked to create a layout etc which was inspired by Easter. I had a balsa wood box just asking for a make over so I turned it into a gift box. My plan is to create a mini album each year at Easter and this little box will hold all of those precious memories.

Since it is realted to Easter, I made a little basket using pp and asertate (from product packaging). I edged the asertate with texture paste and fine glitter and a rub-on (which reads "Hoppy Easter"). To finish off the project, I made a little mini album. There is a tutorial that I used but for the life of me, I can't find it. You use one 12x12 cardstock and make 3 cuts then fold. If anyone has seen this tutorial, please let me know so I can give credit where credit is due.
















Thanks for stopping by,
Hugs, Irene xx

10 comments:

Mel said...

Oh wow, these are truly magnificent, just love the gorgeous colours and those little bunny cards are just so cute. What a great idea for storing your memories.

Julie said...

wow this is gorgeous. Love it. Thanks ever so much for playing along with us at shabby.

Jenneke said...

WOW, this is gorgeous!! LOVE LOVE the colors!!!!!

Thanks so much for playing with us at Shabby!

XXXJenneke

Timcso said...

Gorgeous creations!Love the details!:)

Thanks for playing with us at Shabby!

hugs, Tímea

yumiko said...

This is so beautiful!!! I love your minibook and bunny card!!!
Thank you for playing along with us!!!

Lisa K said...

Irene - that is just awesome - Thanks for sharing it with me. Im glad you found my kit so useful!! Just love it!!!
Lisa

Deb said...

Oh my goodness....this is absolutely gorgeous. The colours are fab. A beautiful creation.

Ruth Philps said...

No wonder you were pushing the deadline..you made 2 lovely projects!!!! lol!

Thanks for playing along with us at Shabby again Irene x

Glamorous Girl Gone Goofy said...

Hey girl,
Thank you for stopping by my page! So ya know I had to swing by and say hi. Well birds flying high,look at all this cRAfTynESs!! You are soooo talented. I would love to tap into your brain for a day or two and create some lovelies. I'll be following! Yay!

in pearls and flip-flops we can save the world~
KrisTTie

JaN's ArTy JouRneY said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving a lovely comment.
Wow your shabby box and mini book are gorgeous!! Love all the embellishments and the colours are Fab!

Jan x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...